AC Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic became the oldest scorer in Serie A history, although his side lost 3-1 to Udinese.
Ibrahimovic, 41, scored a retaken penalty at the end of the first half after his first effort had been saved by home goalkeeper Marco Silvestri.
It was the Swede’s first goal since returning from a serious knee injury.
But Udinese scored through Roberto Pereyra’s low shot, a goal from Beto in first half injury-time before Kingsley Ehizibue added a third on 70 minutes.
Ibrahimovic helped Milan win the Serie A title last season before needing surgery in the summer on an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
He only returned to action in February and made three substitute appearances before he started this match to become Milan’s oldest captain.
Ibrahimovic then had the chance to secure another record when Jaka Bijol was adjudged to have handled the ball following a video assistant referee check.
However, Ibrahimovic’s original penalty was saved only for it to be retaken following encroachment from the hosts and he blasted in his second opportunity.
That took the striker, aged 41 years and 166 days, past the record held by Alessandro Costacurta (41 years, 25 days) as the league’s oldest ever goalscorer.
The hosts had scored after only six minutes with Pereyra’s shot into the corner before Ibrahimovic’s equaliser, with Udinese coach Andrea Sottil sent off for arguing against the retaken penalty.
But Udinese regained the lead minutes later with Beto scoring from Isaac Success’ pullback and Ehizibue sealing the victory after good work from Destiny Udogie, on loan from Tottenham.
The defeat leaves AC Milan fourth, with Udinese up to eighth.
Nevertheless, Ibrahimovic’s return to the starting line-up will be a massive boost for Milan, who face Serie A leaders Napoli in a two-legged Champions League quarter-final in April.
- 50Nascimento FrançaBooked at 90mins
- 18PérezBooked at 27mins
- 19EhizibueSubstituted forEboseleat 88′minutesBooked at 90mins
- 24SamardzicSubstituted forLovricat 73′minutes
- 11Souza SilvaBooked at 68mins
- 37PereyraSubstituted forArslanat 81′minutes
- 13UdogieSubstituted forZeegelaarat 89′minutes
- 7SuccessSubstituted forThauvinat 74′minutes
- 9Gomes Betuncal
- 20KaluluBooked at 61mins
- 23TomoriSubstituted forCalabriaat 76′minutes
- 56SaelemaekersSubstituted forRebicat 64′minutes
- 4BennacerSubstituted forKrunicat 64′minutes
- 8TonaliBooked at 90mins
- 10DíazSubstituted forDe Ketelaereat 76′minutes
- 17Rafael Leão
- 11IbrahimovicSubstituted forOrigiat 76′minutes
- 90De Ketelaere
- Daniele Doveri
Match ends, Udinese 3, AC Milan 1.