Exequiel Palacios scored two penalties as Bayer Leverkusen beat Bayern Munich who missed the chance to return to the top of the Bundesliga.
Joshua Kimmich had opened the scoring for defending German champions Bayern after 22 minutes.
Leverkusen’s Amine Adli was twice booked for diving after fouls in the box, but both decisions were overturned with penalties awarded instead.
The result leaves Bayern second, one point behind Borussia Dortmund.
Dortmund, who thrashed Koln 6-1 on Saturday, will finish a game week at the top of the league for the first time since 2019.
Leverkusen, whose manager Xabi Alonso used to play for Bayern, have now won five matches in a row in all competitions.
Dortmund and Bayern face each other on 1 April in the first match after the international break.
- 30FrimpongBooked at 39minsSubstituted forFosu-Mensahat 90+5′minutes
- 3HincapiéBooked at 83mins
- 19DiabySubstituted forTahat 90+1′minutes
- 27WirtzSubstituted forHlozekat 84′minutes
- 21AdliSubstituted forBakkerat 84′minutes
- 5PavardBooked at 43minsSubstituted forStanisicat 56′minutesBooked at 64mins
- 2UpamecanoBooked at 73mins
- 4de Ligt
- 22CanceloSubstituted forComanat 45′minutes
- 8GoretzkaSubstituted forTelat 76′minutes
- 25MüllerSubstituted forMusialaat 45′minutes
- 17ManéSubstituted forGnabryat 45′minutes
- Tobias Stieler
Match ends, Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2, FC Bayern München 1.